Thursday, April 5, 2007

Failed Concept Map

I have been struggling to download the concept map software onto a computer in the English dept. computer lab and I have failed. There is something protecting the computer from downloads, I think, and I couldn't get software to install or open. I don't have internet at home, and my home computer is ten years old and the OS is too archaic to run the software anyway. So, my apologies. I would be happy to draw a concept map on paper or create one in Word, but probably can't by class time because I've now used up most of my work time fighting with the computers.

2 comments:

Ron de Weijze said...

Hi, I would be happy to help you out. Here is a version of my concept mapping software for Windows 98: http://www.pmm.nl/PMM_98/PMM_0042.zip It is a zipped file so you need to unzip it first and then install it. Helpfile (for the latest version) is on my site www.pmm.nl. You can do whole projects with it for free. Ask me anything if you have a question.

Best regards,
Ron C. de Weijze
M2M Matter to Man
Amsterdam, NL

Ron de Weijze said...

BTW Your school has probably set up a firewall to keep out any remotely suspicious software such as zip files. There might be malware in it. Mine has been tested several times by affiliates that have given it the '100% clean certificate'. Like here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Diary-Organizers-Calendar/Personal-Memory-Manager.shtml (and many other places www.pmm.nl/recommendations.htm)